Saturday 7 May 2011

Old New Borrowed Blue

I'm having a fascination with all things blue at the moment. Maybe it's to do with the number of weddings I've been to lately and the fact that the Old New Borrowed Blue adage has been swirling around in my thoughts. Or maybe it's to do with the Ceanothus that is is full bloom at the bottom of our garden just now. But whatever the reason, I'm feeling the need to give our living room a lick of blue paint.

Despite the fact that we are in the middle of spring, the idea of creating a cosy, cocoon in our front room is very appealing. I'm thinking old grand libraries or private members clubs where rich coloured leathers and dark woods create an atmosphere of warmth. Makes you just want to curl up with a good book and shut out the rest of the world. 

The gorgeous Turkish rug which my other half brought back from his travels a couple of years ago has deep jewel colours which I think would be perfect combined with Farrow and Balls Stone Blue or Fired Earths Mariana Blue




Throw in our brown leather sofa with a cosy wool blanket and a 100 year trunk from the Scottish estate of Glenbucket (currently used to house the record player) and its suddenly starting to feel a lot more homely.... 


Shame I'm only renting otherwise the paint brushes and rollers would be out!

No comments:

Post a Comment