Sunday 26 June 2011

The Colours of Kas

I've recently been on holidays in Turkey in the Kas penninsula. I don't usually consider myself the type of person that enjoys holidays lying by a pool in 30 degree heat, usually opting for either city breaks, ski holidays or festivals, but I have to say I had an amazing week. Lots of rest and relaxation, having the hours to enjoy reading a book (I usually only get to grab 10 mins to read a few pages on the tube) and great company with good chat over lovely food and wine in the evenings meant I didn't want the week to end!

With work being so busy lately, it was probably the exact kind of holiday that I needed, allowing me a chance to escape the city and the daily grind and put life on pause for awhile. It also gave me a chance to  spend some time thinking about my future career and to let my mind wander as I pictured myself running my own flower business, creating beautiful posies, bouquets and arrangements. I picked a few flowers from the garden in the villa to put in some vases for the dinner table, just to make the place feel a little homely. 


The colours of the flowers in Kas were stunning. A palette of fuschias, hot pinks, pillarbox reds, purples, oranges and yellows all seemed to pop against the pale stone buildings and blue sea and sky.   






We have recently been at a wedding in Scotland, which by some miracle had the most amazing weather on the day, not too dissimilar to the heat we had in Kas. But it was the brides bouquet and flower arrangements that drew my attention, and captured the essence of the colours of the med. Hopefully these will be something I can recreate soon, as I've signed up to a foundation floristry course which I start this week - very excited! But for now, here are some pics of the wedding flowers, until I actually produce my own..... 










No comments:

Post a Comment