Sunday 24 July 2011

What's in a name?

I'm not quite sure where the name for this blog originated from. After brainstorming various combinations of words to do with styling, interiors,  floristry, design and crafts it all seemed a bit too obvious and not really a reflection of what I wanted this blog to be about.

Part of making a transition is being able to take yourself out of the 'now' and transport your mind to where you want to be in the future. For me, The Pale Room symbolises the idea of a really serene, calm space where I can be creative, a place away from the clutter of everyday life. It's a blank canvas where anything is possible and the only limitations are my imagination.  

I have a very strong sense of the colours, the look and the feel of that space. Dusky whites and blues, weather washed woods and soft furnishings in natural, textured fabrics that create an earthy feel. Filled with sunlight and empty of noise, it is the perfect environment to let ideas take shape. 

The following images are all from The Linen Works and reflect the mood of The Pale Room. 

 


A friend also sent me these images, unfortunately I don't know where they originate to credit the photographer or stylist, but they capture the distressed white washed look that I envisage for The Pale Room. 


The soft chalky whites and the grey-blue palate of Farrow and Balls paints, and fabrics from The Linen Works are exactly the colours and textures that I would love to use to furnish in my creative space.

 


For now The Pale Room is a mental space, where I can visualise what my exciting new career could be. Someday it could potentially be a physical space, a studio, a workshop, or a garden shed! It's up to me decide, which is pretty exciting.....

As for The Butterfly.... who knows... I need to think about that one....

No comments:

Post a Comment